Erica & Kyle's Baby Blog. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Friday, July 8, 2011

5 More Weeks and Counting Down!


My summer vacation is winding down and I'll return to school on July 18th. I'll be 36 weeks at that time and hopefully, ready for fifth graders.

As well as preparing for the new school year, I've been slowly finishing my to-do list for getting ready for baby. Kyle and I think we've settled on a name, we've installed our car seat, washed all the baby clothes, and assembled all the baby gear (thank you Alison and Brittney for the help!). We finished up our birthing classes and I've been reading a few baby books. Kyle's cool as a cucumber (as usual) while I develop a new "fear" every other day. Today it's "hospital bills/insurance companies" which is actually less scary than yesterday's "preterm labor" worries.

I'm feeling pretty achy in my back and legs. I was walking 2 miles every couple of days and I was shocked to discover yesterday that I am only able to make it half that far anymore. I'm stunned with the realization that I'm slowing down :(.

I saw another doctor at my last OB visit because my doctor had to run down the hall and deliver a baby in the office! Yikes! I'm told I'm measuring within the "normal" range but I'm pretty positive I'm hosting a hefty butterball turkey. A week from today I'll have another appointment. After that, I'll be seen weekly until it's time!

I'm not quite seeing the end of the tunnel yet. The anticipation and sleepless nights are making me very impatient. If only I was clued in on when she's making an appearance, I think I could relax. Until then, I'll just have to be patient.

Nursery pictures are not ready yet. We've got to put up a ceiling fan and finish the curtains.....then I think we're done!


35 Weeks

.



How your baby's growing:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver not that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

35 weeks: Baby weighs as much as a honeydew melonYour baby, now as hefty as a honeydew melon at 5 1/4 pounds, doesn't have much room to maneuver in your belly. (Length: more than 18 inches, head
to heel.)



0 comments on "5 More Weeks and Counting Down!"

Post a Comment

 

And a Baby Makes 3 Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez