Erica & Kyle's Baby Blog. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's been awhile...



No Pictures Please!


Hello again!
Well, a lot's happened since my last blog. Kyle and I found out we were expecting our first baby right after Thanksgiving.

The first trimester was really rough. I spent most of the time sleeping...and eating.

I'm already 20 weeks which is exactly halfway. Something that came as a surprise to me is that women are actually pregnant 10 months....not nine. This needs to be advertised more!

Other Pregnancy myths busted:

There is no glow, just sweat from hot flashes
Not all pregnant women enjoy belly touches
You can not control your weight gain, your body will do what it wants

March 18th we went for an 18 week ultrasound and found out that we are having a girl!
We are thrilled as well as grandparents. She's already being spoiled by Grandma Crockett.
We're going to have another ultrasound in a few weeks because the baby was so curled up it was difficult to get pictures of her heart and face. We almost didn't find out the sex and I was not having that! She constantly was crossing her arms and putting her hands over face. She was not ready for her close up.

We have not officially picked out a name put have decided to keep that under wraps until birth. We want the freedom to change it if we want to and we don't want to have the awkward moment where someone tells us they don't like it...yes people actually do that! It is safe to say that names of students that I've had are off the table.

I'm well into the second trimester and within the last week have been able to feel some fetal movement. Kyle and I have also learned the parts of my belly to press in order to get her moving. Kyle was trying to feel her movement last night but it's still a little early.

I've got a growing baby bump and according to a co-worker, a growing "booty". I'm told there needs to be a solid "base" for your body to grow :). Last week I went to a workshop at Purdue University and I watched the college boys literally run away from the sight of a pregnant women. I guess that means people are noticing now.




0 comments on "It's been awhile..."

Post a Comment

 

And a Baby Makes 3 Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez